Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Birds at Mysore

At the confluence of the rivers Kaveri & Kabini lies Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary. This sanctuary is home to numerous bird species and one can spot birds from around Europe too, at this place. It is located about 22 kms away from Mysore and is connected by Mysore City Transport Authority buses.

However, thanks to my friend Manjunath, who drove us to the sanctuary, we were able to make with half a day to spare for other sight seeing and shopping activities.

At the sanctuary, the forest department has boats for hire. The boats provide a means of watching the birds at close range. The river also has around 100 crocodiles which can be easily spotted.
You can also view the photographs here: http://picasaweb.google.com/home?source=bloggerpromo&pli=1&gsessionid=z36CfDxwSKPodfXK7-LQmw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading.
I appreciate your feedback! Please leave a comment below and let me know how I can improve my blog