Saturday, April 26, 2014

Wheatear

(Visit to LRK - continued from previous post) As we proceeded further into the mudflats, the landscape became drier with lesser vegetation and fewer watering holes. In one of the waterholes, we spotted a lone Pelican. 
Pelican with Pied Avocet
 
And as the sun rose up, it became increasingly hot and uncomfortable.

Even in these dry surroundings, we sighted numerous birds: the Indian Bushlark, Desert Wheateater, Hume’s Wheateater, Eyebrowed Thrush, Green Bee-eater and several small birds which I was unable to identify.

Indian Bushlark
Desert Wheatear

 
Hume's Wheatear

 
Eyebrowed Thrush

 
Small Green Bee-eater

This year, the monsoon is predicted to be below normal in most parts of India. Fore-warned is fore-armed: I hope the government initiates measures to handle the shortage. Now is the time to prepare for cloud-seeding, so that we have the necessary ingredients and the aircraft ready to take to the skies when conditions are ideal.
Meanwhile, let us do our bit: save water, save ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading.
I appreciate your feedback! Please leave a comment below and let me know how I can improve my blog