Sunday, July 22, 2012

Common City Birds

Birds in the city (urban environment)
 
Very often, we tend to overlook common birds in the urban environment - here are some them (in the order in which they appear in this post):
 
Sparrow, Crow, Jungle Crow, Common Myna, Grey Pigeon, Pariah Kite, Plain Prinia, Fantail, Cattle Egret, Koel, Golden Oriole male & female, Rose-ringed Parakeet, Crow Pheasant (bharadwaj), Magpie-robin, Indian Robin
 

There are many other birds seen in cities in different regions of the country; the species and their numbers depends on the geographic location, topography, density & type of green cover in that region.
I would love to include pictures of birds from any of you readers. Thank you for reading and your interest in birds and the environment.
 
Go green, save the environment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading.
I appreciate your feedback! Please leave a comment below and let me know how I can improve my blog